Wind Power Plants
Wind energy is clear, renewing and sustainable; a new means of current production. Energy generation always effects the environment in one way or another, however wind power plant effects it minimally. The wind power plant does not emit any kind of material which may trigger greenhouse effect and so does not shift the responsibility of environmental protection tasks to the future generations.
The establishment of wind power plants is a kind of investment which is an actual demonstration of environment protection and the utilization of renewing energy sources.
Milestones of the establishment:
- Site selection – to be taken into account:
– Wind capacity factor
– Topographical conditions of the territory
– Ecological conditions (eg: protected animals)
– Availability of network connection points
- Authority and public utility coordination
Aim: to explore whether the establishment of the wind power plant on the given area trespasses on the interests of the authorities. The authority and public utility statements may be used later, during the building permitting process.
- Agreement with the land proprietor and the local municipality
- Wind potential survey
– Mapping of the wind conditions of the given area, which is relevant for the calculation of dimensioning and energy production. The survey should last minimum 3 months but it is advised to make measurements for a 1 year period.
– Promotion of decision making regarding the realization of the project.
– Forecast of the expected electric energy production data.
- Contact with the wind turbine manufacturer, selection of the machine type.
- Machine arrangement
– Environmental permit
– Building permit
– Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority permit: in possession of the Hungarian Trading Licensing Office decree, the wind power plant establishment under 50kW power does not require further permit
- Conclusion of the network connection contract
- Detailed design plan, permitting, implementation
- Conclusion of operational code contract
Main steps of the implementation of wind power plants:
- Delivery of wind turbines to the site of establishment
- Construction of access roads or reconstruction of the existing roads dimensioned to the loading of heavy vehicles
- Site preparation according to the humus management plan
- Foundation and concrete works
- Cable laying
- Technological assembly, set up of wind turbines
- Establishment of switching and transformer station, set up of related fences
- Landscaping works
- Test run and final run.
Deciding factors of the wind power plant establishment:
- Local capabilities (topographical, ecological conditions)
- Available quota
- Wind conditions of the given area (preliminary wind potential survey)
- Electric power to be produced
- Distance from residential area
- Accessibility of network connection